Podcasts for M-F of the Work Week. #EarbudsPlease
It wasn’t until a couple of years ago that I really got into the flow of listening to podcasts. Let me just say that I’ve shouted many “Amens,” “You better say that” and “Isn’t that the truth” sayings via different podcast shows.
It’s definitely like I’m having a heart-to-heart with several mentors and friends through my earbuds. Since we’re still in the beginning phases of 2k19 and people are getting into the swing of their resolutions and #GoalSquad social media frenzies, I’m going to list out my top podcasts for each day of the week:
1. Money Monday’s: I love Monday. It’s probably one of my favorite days of the week. It’s a fresh start to crush my weekly goals. I typically save Monday for podcasts that only relate to money. These two podcasts are great on gathering tips on smart investing, how to properly save, tips on retirement, best insurance policies, etc. There are so many hidden gems with these two and it's amazing:
2. Transformation Tuesday’s: When Tuesday rolls around, I’m more into the flow of my week, and I want to hear subjects on personal development and success. I need to hear how I can work on being a better person daily and reaching my goals. These podcasts are great for confronting your issues and taking responsibility for your behaviors:
3. Wisdom Wednesday’s: By mid-week I’m needing to hear about matters unrelated to my industry. I utilize Wednesday to learn about things that I don’t know about – to gain some wisdom. These podcasts will inform you of everyday things you should know and range from all different sectors:
4. Truthful Thursday’s: I need some inspiration at this point. Between work and personal life, I’m probably calling on Jesus to help me push through the remaining of the week. These podcasts keep me grounded, centered and in a positive space:
5. Funny Friday’s: Yay! I made it to the end of my work week, and now I’m ready for some pop culture shenanigans #SpillTheTea. This podcast keeps me in the know of what’s going on in the celebrity world while simultaneously making me laugh:
There you have it! My podcasts categorized by days because I’m a highly-functioning organized person – and yes, I actually listen to them on their specific days. I might not get around to listening to all in one day, but I’m definitely tuning in to at least one of them – either sitting and typing or in the car driving home.
Oh, and a bonus podcast that I try to listen to every morning on the way to work is The Daily. If you aren't really into watching the news or don't have time, this 30 minute podcast will give you the rundown of everything you need to know for that week concerning subjects like the government shutdown, tax reform, foreign policy, etc. Because hey, we're adults and we should know what's going on in our country/world.
This week take a shot at listening to a podcast on a topic that you’re interested in – you just might like it. It’s great to talk to friends and family, but sometimes we need outside perspectives as well.
Go be great this week, friends! And don't forget to check back this Thursday for my new series, #FeatureThursdays!
Sending love and positive vibes your way! Yvonne Camille